Ancient Warfare is a fairly large mod that requires a lot learning and getting used to. This here is a guide that will teach you the basics without giving an overwhelming amount of information at once. If you ever need help understanding certain items or blocks its best to look at their wiki pages.
These are first 3 things needed to make to get started:
Most items in ancient warfare will require research before being able to be crafted which is done in the Research Station. To do so you must
- Bind the Research Book to yourself by right-clicking while looking at nothing
- Put the Research Book in the top left corner slot of the research table then click on the "Research Queue" button.
- A window with all available research will appear, pressing the "+" button next to a research will add it to your queue and can be removed by pressing the "-" button
- Add the corresponding items into the input grid (shown in the needed grid) and wait a few moments for the research to take place
- If a research your require doesn't show up you will likely have to research its requirements first
After researching items you can craft them in an Engineering Station which acts as a way of using your research. To use the Engineering Station you have to place the Research Book from the Research Bench in the top-left corner of the Engineering Station. This will allow you to craft all the items your able to based on your research